We’re Hiring: Operations Manager
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: OPERATIONS MANAGER
About Project Expedite Justice
Founded in 2016, Project Expedite Justice (PEJ) is a US based nonprofit organization that assists survivors of atrocities and serious human rights abuses in seeking justice through all available legal mechanisms. Our three-step model consists of (1) training local organizations in internationally recognized standards of evidence collection, (2) action learning through peer mentoring, and (3) providing independent legal consulting. This model is adaptable and can be applied in conflict and post-conflict situations and to a range of criminal matters and serious human rights abuses. We partner with local organizations that share our mission and goals, and we work side by side with them to empower local communities, identify and link the perpetrators to the crimes or human rights violations, and ultimately, dismantle criminal networks.
Our expanding international nonprofit organization is seeking to hire an Operations Manager to join our leadership team. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation of the organization, which includes strengthening our internal processes and enabling our team to maximize their contribution to the pursuit of justice. We are looking for someone who can grow with the organization long term and be creative in identifying and meeting new needs. You will also be assisting our Executive Director with fundraising and recruiting, when necessary, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
Successful candidates must be comfortable in a leadership position and have extensive operations management experience, including financial and project management, grants applications and reporting, and compliance. You may also be required to perform routine administrative tasks.
• Coordinate day to day operations, including administration, budget and finance, grants management and reporting, and human resources for an international nonprofit. • Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures to ensure compliance. • Promoting efficiency by implementing improved operational procedures and monitoring adherence to policies and processes throughout the organization to align with PEJ’s mission. • Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
• Help promote an organization culture that encourages top performance and high morale. • Assists Executive Director through budgeting, financial planning, managing payments, and financial tracking.
• Assist in development of fundraising strategy and grant applications, and take primary responsibility for monitoring results and preparing narrative and financial reports to funders. • Assist Executive Director to build and maintain alliances and partnerships with donors and other organizations.
• Support external communications and profile of PEJ, including tracking communications (public and with key partners), updating website content, and maintaining a social media presence.
Skills and Experience
• University degree in operations management, project management, strategic management, business management, or related field.
• At least five years relevant nonprofit work experience, including management, operations, or finance.
• In-depth knowledge of project management and strategic planning.
• Understanding of general nonprofit finance, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
• Experience with nonprofit grants, budgets, and preparing narrative and financial reporting. • Experience in developing policies and monitoring compliance and performance. • Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and team members.
Experience with geographically and culturally diverse teams and partners preferred. • Organized and systematic, including demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Flexible in taking on new tasks, resourceful in identifying options, and tenacious in finding solutions.
• Demonstrates personal integrity and sound judgment.
• Shows curiosity and a learning and growth mindset.
• Excellent written English required; working knowledge of other language (particularly French or Arabic) an advantage.
Please send a CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Operations Manager”.
As an international organization, our team members work and collaborate remotely. PEJ is open to considering applicants based in any country.
PEJ anticipates that this position will require a full-time, ongoing commitment and is available as a consultancy contract immediately. Remuneration will be competitive, based on experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a video-conference interview. PEJ will do its best to inform candidates who are not selected.
We look forward to hearing from you!